Lambs and Butterflies: Part 6
And it’s done!
For the bind off on my rectangle borders, I used an elastic bind off, which gives kind of a textured edge. And I decided that if I was to use a regular chained edge for the corner squares, it wouldn’t match. I saw a video awhile back about how to do a 2-stitch attached I-cord as a nice border for garter stitch. But I wanted it to have a little texture, like the bind off, so I modified it it by twisting the first and last two stitches on every other row, (and then slipping them when working the backside). It looks very nice and gives a corded appearance.
I found that my tension on the long border rows was slightly looser than on the divided squares, and so the edge ripples a bit. I think if I was to knit another one of these, I will do the border on one needle size smaller.
And I had originally chosen black corners, but several people told me to use the same brown as I did for the borders. I had to order another ball, and it turned out to be slightly darker. So a couple of the corners are dark brown, which I like vey much.
All in all, I am very pleased with this blanket and I love knitting the divided squares. With each one I finish, it’s like I get to finish another project. And I love the feeling of finishing projects!
I’m already planning the next in a series of this style of blanket. I want to do “Pugs and Fireflies” and “Dachshunds and Dragonflies.”